The Hyattsville CDC invests in an economically-driven network of film entrepreneurs looking for opportunities in Hyattsville and Gateway Arts District community. Learn more about our area film and digital media (FDM) activities and fellow organizations below. |
- The Creative Edge Studio of Prince George’s County, an independent film collaborative dedicated to educational programs and film opportunities across the county, running under the CDC umbrella. Previously known as The Global Film and Humanity Project.
- "The Cultural Exchange" Independent Film Series by the Hyattsville Branch of the Prince George's County Memorial Library System, organized by The Creative Edge; a collaboration with the library to test the concept of a community film club to promote the library’s extensive film collection to the general audience. Sponsors include PGAHC and Hyattsville CDC, as well as per season (see each flyer).
- Prince George's County Film Office, an office dedicated to local film and digital media assets, and collaborations, aimed at attracting film industry jobs and productions to Prince George's County. Prince George's film office works with Maryland Film Office, community partner Creative Edge Studios and others to raise awareness among local professionals and to direct filmmakers to Prince George's many historic and contemporary sites.
Metropolitan-Area Filmmakers Listing:
- If you're interested in film and digital media, view our listing of area filmmakers in the Greater Metropolitan area, who applied to the Gateway Arts District Spring 2013 Promotional Film Program and with whom we have worked on various projects. We encourage you to look through these artists' portfolios and consider each for hire.
Film Showings, Calls, and Announcements:
- "The Cultural Exchange" Independent Film Series Winter 2013 sponsored by PGCML, The Creative Edge, ETTE and Hyattsville CDC
- Real to Reel Student Filmmaker Program, a 10-week film workshop designed to help prepare high school students for the high-end jobs that are being created by film and digital media entrepreneurs in Prince George’s County; sponsored by PGAHC and The Creative Edge.
View all related articles below: